• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tour the facilities

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Well, Maybe Chevy does have a guy named Kristy... :rolleyes:

That should be a lower case "m". Are we going to have to start taking off points for spelling too? :D

Prove it. :bouncegri

Tisk, Tisk.... I must have been mistaken.....:rolleyes:

Something you probably heard in school: "If you applied the same amount of effort, that you used to cheat, to spelling it right the first time then you wouldn't have to use double the effort to spell it right the second time". :laugh :cool2

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
That should be a lower case "m". Are we going to have to start taking off points for spelling too?

I don't know what you're talking about. :confused:

Something you probably heard in school: "If you applied the same amount of effort, that you used to cheat, to spelling it right the first time then you wouldn't have to use double the effort to spell it right the second time".

Something I heard in the school of hard knocks: "Old age and treachery will win out over youth and skill every time." :D

Countryboy

Occupation
I don't know what you're talking about. :confused:

But I used the red teacher pen to mark the mistake......:confused:

On Edit: No, you have an incomplete sentence and a sentence. (Took me a minute to catch that one......slick, very slick.) :D
Something I heard in the school of hard knocks: "Old age and treachery will win out over youth and skill every time." :D

:laugh Alright, I'll give you that one.

Last edited:

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Hi, Folks.
Welllllllll!!!!!!!!!!! This thread certainly got hijacked. And hardly a Squizzy post in sight.

Deas, they are quite talented if you give them enough rope:rolleyes:

Anyway, despite my learned forum colleagues best attempts at mastery of the spoken tongue...they do try and apply school boy english to a word which is...well... not a word. "Chevy" is a bastardisation of Chevrolet. To discuss singular or plural of word that technically doesn't exist...its well, let me put it this way...Cat is short for Caterpillar (or is otherwise a furry four legged purring crab bait)...but we don't say "how many catty's do we have on site". "Chev" or Chevs would probably got the nod from the dictionary types...being that shortening words is well accepted but "Chevy" is a colloquialism without grammatical reason.

But I used the red teacher pen to mark the mistake......
That should be a lower case "m". Are we going to have to start taking off points for spelling too?

I hate spelling Nazis:rolleyes:

Now...what was this thread about:confused:

Countryboy

Occupation
Someone edit this so that we don't go back to what this thread was about! :D

My hidden agenda has worked like it was intended. :cool2

This one won't ever come back on track. :D

Countryboy

Occupation
Hi, Countryboy.
Now you wouldn't REALLY want the original originator of this thread to feel that his topic wasn't valued, would you?????????

Deas, your gonna hafta give me a minute to think about that one...... hmmm ......yep. :D

Deas Plant

Thinking Time.

Hi, Countryboy.
Would I be right in guessing that it didn't you anything like all of the 60 seconds in the minute that you requested to come up with that answer? Maybe somewhere closer to 2 or 3 seconds even???????? LOL.

Countryboy

Occupation
Deas, I knew the answer before you asked your question. :wink2

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I've toured a few facilities...lets see..there was the San Miguel brewery in Manilla, the Lowenbrau brewery in Hong Kong..or was that Carlsberg??, ummm ...the Bintang brewery in Surabayu, the Cloister brewery in BangKok, the Golden Eagle plant in Madras...there was one in Karachi I can't remember....I remember some great breweries in Belgium...then there was one in NZ...and the Matilda Bay brewery of course...and ...and

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Accident at the Guinness Brewery

Brenda O'Malley is home as usual, making dinner, when Tim Finnegan arrives at her door. "Brenda, may I come in?" he asks. "I've somethin' to tell ya."

"Of course you can come in, you're always welcome, Tim. But where's my husband?"

"That's what I'm here to be tellin' ya, Brenda. There was an accident down at the Guinness brewery..."

"Oh, God no!" cries Brenda. "Please don't tell me..."

"I must, Brenda. Your husband Seamus is dead and gone. I'm sorry."

Brenda reached a hand out to her side, found the arm of the rocking chair by the fireplace, pulled the chair to her and collapsed into it. She wept for many minutes. Finally she looked up at Tim. "How did it happen, Tim?"

"It was terrible, Brenda. He fell into a vat of Guinness Stout and drowned."

"Oh my dear Jesus! But you must tell me true, Tim. Did he at least go quickly?"

"Well, no Brenda... No."

"No?"

"Fact is, he got out three times to pee."

:bouncegri

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Those of you in the States... ever been to a brewery? I went to the Anheuser-Busch in Colorado... it was interesting. (I was way underage at the time, so I didn't drink, but it's a neat experience.)

tonto

jd 700h dozer 2001

does anyone know why when i move the dozer front or back it only wants to turn to the right track .if i hold the control to the right to compensate for it it tries to turn the other track. any ideas? thanks tonto

Countryboy

Occupation
does anyone know why when i move the dozer front or back it only wants to turn to the right track .if i hold the control to the right to compensate for it it tries to turn the other track. any ideas? thanks tonto

You had to pick this thread didn't you......:rolleyes:

Welcome to HEF tonto! :drinkup