• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tracked Skid Steers.... Which one is the best all around...

Swannny

GI - what model bobcat does your uncle own?

Looks like the operator of the tractor wasn't paying attention? Pretty steep embankment to try to go into.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
873 I believe. Which weights in about 7500 to 8000 lbs with the steel tracks. I think my tl150 weights in at about 12000 lbs so there is a size difference. The Ole guy that was driving that tractor said I have been cutting here for 40 years I know what I am doing this tractor just slid off the bank. The tractor was brand new, like 1 hour on it. The tl150 pulled it out dead weight, the tractor was so declined that the safety shut off had shut it down. My tracks were just about to break free and spin but it muscled it out.

I think he ended up in the creek because it shifts different than the old type tractors.

Last edited:

Swannny

Think your TL150 weighs just shy of 11k. Nice to have that much weight and hp when you need it like you did with the tractor, but you're right about fuel consumption and the handy size of the TL130. Used mine the last couple of days running lines to a pig barn.

dirt.jpgdirtt.jpg

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
I think my Bradco bucket must have some extra steel in it! That's a quite interesting hoe you have there. What's your take on that. What issues does it have compared to a mini ex?

Swannny

It's a boomer 2000 made by Randy Lackender in Iowa. I love it and can't see how I could live without it - it has it's limitations, but I don't do enough trenching to justify the need of owning a mini. Downside is it tears up the yard due to having to spin a little to dump, but they do make one that has the pivot in it. Never have timed it, but I'm guessing I can comfortably dig 100' x3' deep in moderately decent soil in an hour. I use it to transplant trees, uproot trees (big ones too), chase ground hogs out, pick up logs for cutting firewood. If you get one make sure you get the thumb he makes....very handy. Easy to throw on the trailer when you need it.

Last edited: