• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tracks on case 1825B

AdamsExcavating

Contemplating purchasing an 1825B with low hours for occasional commercial use (where big machine cannot fit in) and around the farm. Question is if it's possible to put a set of over the tire tracks on machine. It has a set of solid 8.15-15 tires on it now but could change/swap out for a different size of needed to run tracks. Thanks in advance.

franklinute

Are you thinking about metal tracks? The smallest I know of fits a 10" wide tire.
Some skid steers require a spacer between the wheel and hub for clearance.
The track manuf. should have the specifics you need.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Tracks take power to run, you wont have any excess power with that machine, not to mention by the time you mounted the 10X16.5 tires and tracks you would be a lot wider. You might be surprised by the improvement of just mounting the larger 10X16.5 tires you might not need tracks.

DIYDAVE

on something that small, power is the issue. I've seen the amish do it, with the right size old tractor tire, and a sawzall, just cut out most of the sidewall. Also seen metal brackets bolted to the tractor tire tread...:D

franklinute

I agree with the posts above you need more power. I have seen metal and rubber
tracks for the dingo type machines. I don't know the tire size these machines use
but if the tire is the same width you could make that type of track work on you Case.

AdamsExcavating

Like I said I'm contemplating the purchase. I have not bought machine yet. I just know for the work I'll be doing with it plus some manure/barn work (which isn't concrete or flat) will not be fun without tracks for better stability and more importantly traction