• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trading from new holland to a Deere

beandrew

Occupation
Farmer
I have a 2008 1100 houred L185 new holland on loegering vts track system and I am thinking of trading to a new Deere 332D and putting on my vts tracks on it. I use my skid steer on the farm in brush and mud and my new holland is constantly not wanting to start or we are breaking quick coupler hoses and wires. This is our second new holland 185 the first one had a three cylinder motor and was very weak power wise. So basically we have a really good salesman and poor service. Should we get the deere quick coupler it supposible self cleaning and is powered by a single wire ran through a hydraulic hose which has to be better than two hydraulic hoses and four wires going to electric over hydraulic valves. Our new holland had every option besides high flow should we get the high flow on the new skidsteer? Any comments from new deere owners would be great. Plus I am thinking about getting the big back hoe attachment for digging drainage tile line start holes.

xcmark

Occupation
construction
I would suggest getting a 8000 lb mini excavator use with low hours and not buying a new backhoe. the Mini will out dig the biggest backhoe by a good amount and you still have the use of the skid loader to work with it. I know Kubota is new to the market but I looked at there 75 hp track skidsteer over the weekend , I have to admit it was a good looking well built and not big money and 0% for 60 months! Its got me thinking!!!!! the 90+hp unit wasnt at the dealer but I will look that over when they get on. Serviceing them looks 100% easier when you campare it to my JCB

TBJ

I have had a chance to run the Kubota SVL75. What an amazing piece of iron. Performance as well as serviceability is second to none.

Deereman

Beandrew, the hydro quick coupler is niccccceee. I haven't heard of a problem from them besides of customer inflicted ones. A backhoe on a skid is nice if you only want one machine. But for what you pay for one most people including myself would just go with a mini excavator like xcmark said. That and you can have them on two job sites making you money instead of one.Most new backhoes cost anywhere from $7500 to 12K new. That is about half of what you could find a low hour 35D or c for. High flow is nice to have if you are going to be doing some heavy duty trencher work, cold plaining, or a mulcher. Regular flow will work for most applications. Seeing what part of the country you are in a would get a block heater and if you could swing it a cab. The 332d has a 5030H motor in it which is a 5 cylinder, 3.0L Its a good motor. Plenty of power and is used in alot of compressors. I just wished they would put the 4045 back in them. Heck since you have an 185 a 328 might be closer to your liking or needs.

beandrew

Occupation
Farmer
thanks deere man I have thought about a mini excavator but i would like to get by with just the attachment for little holes. I mainly do larger jobs with my big equipment, but I get into a few smaller jobs around the farm that i don't want to have to run the hand shovel. I havent priced the backhoe attachments yet. I plan on getting it loaded except highflow and just standard hand and feet controls

jerrybeckman

Occupation
concrete demo
If all you're going to be using the backhoe for is drainage start holes, how bout an auger with a 24", or 36" bit? Not sure how big of a start hole you need. Just a thought. I try & think of ways to use what I have for other purposes...