• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trading Up

Monte1255

Occupation
Farming/forestry/TSI
Well gentlemen....this last week my ole fuel guzzling 83' ford f-350 developed a knock in the engine, among many other problems....... heck it was an 83 so it don't owe me anything. A friend of mine said he'd sell me another 6.9 to put in it, but time is of the essence right now so I had to replace the truck with something in order to be on the road as soon as possible. I may take him up on the offer latter on but............why not trade up first!
My "new" truck
She's "Beerly" legal being an 89 model, and has a ton of miles, but it's been dot'd right up until recently and has nearly new tires, and no real obvious defects mechanicly. With a non turbo'd 7.3 it's paired up with the five speed and a ten foot bed. With a GVW of 15,000 it should be a good lunch box hauler!:D Now for the best part..... she came to me with a price tag of $1,500.00! about the cost of what a replacement 6.9 would have cost me. All in all I think we're good for another 100,000.

Attachments

• Jun22_0004.jpg
    Jun22_0004.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 262
  • Jun22_0002.jpg
    Jun22_0002.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 254

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
The '89 with a 7.3 non-turbo was a rock solid truck, even though it wasn't the most powerful rig on the road. Nice find Monte.

Monte1255

Occupation
Farming/forestry/TSI
thanks guys...... I've about had my fill of dealing with cold starting issues on my old 6.9. With that said I still cannot knock the 83 it's been good to me all in all....... when I first got the 83 it was really good on starting and had good power.
I'm thinking maybe if money allows we'll pull er into the shop next winter and see about going through it a bit.