• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tranny issues

Anmyers

Hey guys have a vr642 that works perfect until it runs about 10-15 minutes or trans gets warm and it slips and want pull no leaks fluid clean and full I’m a truck guy but it’s my buddies equipment and I’m at a loss I feel like pump is getting weak and can’t push fluid hard enough fluid and filter are new

tractormech

Not familiar with Ingersol but do you know what transmission is in it? Do all gears quit when it gets warm or just select gears like forward low?

Last edited:

Tom3697

The issue with the VR642 equipment seems to be related to the hydraulic pump. The user suspects that the pump is getting weak after the equipment runs for about 10-15 minutes or when the transmission gets warm, causing it to slip and not pull properly. Despite having clean and full fluid with new filters, the problem persists. This situation suggests a potential problem with the hydraulic pump's performance, possibly due to reduced efficiency or wear over time, leading to inadequate fluid pressure delivery. The user's assessment aligns with common symptoms of a failing hydraulic pump, which can result in reduced functionality and performance of the equipment.