• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Transmission selector control on Dresser A450E

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Was wondering if anyone knew where I might find the top section of the gear selector control. The little 50 cent plastic parts & brass pins are worn leaving me with 4th & 2 reverse gears until I pull the unit apart to slot them in place.:Banghead
The Australian Agents for these machines (the big Japanese K people) want $10K :eek: for the whole unit :mad: (micro switches & all)
Any leads will be very much appreciated :)

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Any leads please

Was wondering if anyone knew where I might find the top section of the gear selector control. The little 50 cent plastic parts & brass pins are worn leaving me with 4th & 2 reverse gears until I pull the unit apart to slot them in place.:Banghead
The Australian Agents for these machines (the big Japanese K people) want $10K :eek: for the whole unit :mad: (micro switches & all)
Any leads will be very much appreciated :)

Bumping this Question back into view :)

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Parts Located

With the selector playing up once again on Friday, I decided to pull the controller top off the unit to work out what to do. :confused: With only 5th forward & 2nd reverse, working the machine wasn't an option. :eek:
So I spent some time on the internet & found a few possible suppliers, emailed & got a response from some people in Kansas, who can supply a complete service exchange unit for under $2k (nice that the $Aus is level pegging the the $US won't lose out on the exchange rate), better than paying $10k for a N.O.S. unit locally here in Australia! :)
Being an owner operator & needing the machine rolling ASAP, I dismantled the top section of the controller once again, at home this time. By swapping some less worn parts into another area & using an epoxy to retain & stabilise a small brass pin, this seems to have corrected the problem, until I can obtain the reco' unit.

Last edited: