• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Transmission swap

Old Doug

I already drive the truck from time to time I hate it it so far the only major problem keeps coming back to the clutch there seems to be plenty of room under the cab to accommodate shift tower location speedo is definitely a trouble hopefully if I put study in to it it won't be to awful.
I have a c70 with a 5 speed i wanted this setup so i could put a 4 speed behind it. I have used it alot the way it is and if i could get the ideal out of my head i would leave it the way it is. Why cant a guy be happy with what he has and go on to a real problem?

Tyler d4c

Truck Shop I did thnks for the link.
Appears that I need to find a overdrive box to keep current max speed as the current transmission is a .78 overdrive. Its looking like I better learn to like the 6 speed.