• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tree removal

milon

There is a machine made by Sennebogen, called the Sennebogen 718 that may be perfect for the application you are looking for. It does take some training for the operator, but once up and running, it can take down a tree about the size you mentioned (80' tall, 18"-24" diameter) in minutes, by reaching up, cutting, holding and controlling it down to the ground.
Here's a blog that talks more about how it compares to an excavator:

There is also a company called KutTech that rents its services out to other tree service providers that don't want to purchase the equipment but would like to essentially 'rent' the equipment with a seasoned operator to help them on certain projects. That could be an option too.

Good luck!
There is also a company called KutTech that rents its services out to other tree service providers that don't want to purchase the equipment but would like to essentially 'rent' the equipment with a seasoned operator to help them on certain projects. That could be an option too.
I have something like 10-15 not huge but big big (3-4 stories high) oak trees growing between my house/driveway and a road (with power line). Probably about 10-15 feet from my house and 6 feet from the road. All the branches toward the road have been cut by previous owners so all the weight is toward the house. The trees look mostly healthy but I feel a bit uneasy and I am considering removing them and replacing with trees that don't grow very tall. Given the position I am assuming a crane will be used for most if not all the trees. I haven't started shopping around but does anyone have an idea of what I would be looking for in term of price? Can I get away with $1,000 per tree or $1,500 (or more!) is more of a reasonable estimate? I can't really afford to pay something like $30,000 total so in that case I may just have someone come and check that the trees are actually healthy. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: