• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TRK coupler

Twisted

I'm looking for a manual coupler for my 200 class excavator. The TRK Multigrab has caught my attention. Do any of you have any experience with this or a similar product?

Thanks

srjd

I have the trk severe duty coupler for my 320. It's a great product I might be selling it. Only because I need a hydraulic one

Twisted

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not set on any specific brand yet. I want a mechanical coupler so I don't have to fit all of the hydraulics. I don't mind jumping in and out a couple times a week. I've looked at TRK and Geith so far but I want something that can grab different pin centers. My Kobelco has a 1/2" different pin center than a 200 Komatsu but the rest is the same. They are the most popular excavator in this area so finding extra attachments would be easier and cheaper as a lot of them are getting too old for the big guys.

d4c24a

You can run the coupler off the bucket ram with the diverter valve fitted there and only some short hoses and two tees , just needs the wire back to the cab for the controller now , our jcb 3cx,s are done like this now

Twisted

I considered that but I'm worried about having more stuff to tear off on the end of the stick. I have to contend with trees, rocks and brush while doing many of my projects.
I'll look at that option again as I can find good used hydraulic couplers for considerably less money than a new mechanical one.
Thank you.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I've got a mechanical AWARD coupler for a 200 size machine that I don't use. are you shure that your kobelco is same pin diameter as a komatsu the older kobelco's usually had one size larger pin's

Twisted

I'm 99% sure that it's an 80mm pin with 12.8" width but I'll grab a caliper to confirm in the morning. I've had the machine parked for the last two months as the ground is froze here.

d4c24a

I considered that but I'm worried about having more stuff to tear off on the end of the stick. I have to contend with trees, rocks and brush while doing many of my projects.
I'll look at that option again as I can find good used hydraulic couplers for considerably less money than a new mechanical one.
Thank you.

Well to damage the one on mine , you would have to take the bucket ram out first , will get a picture tomorrow

Twisted

80mm pins, 12-7/8" wide at the pin bosses, factory bucket has 17" pin centers and my other bucket has 17-1/2" centers.