• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trojan 2000 transmission issue

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
Hi I am new to this forum. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. I have an older Trojan 2000 wheel loader with an Allison tt- 2421 , I think the torque converter is stuck in the 2nd/4th gear range and not go into 1st and 3rd. My question is can I remove torque converter without removing the transmission?

Attachments

• IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 10

BillG

It's been a long time since I've seen a 2000 so going by memory is not a good thing. I think the transmission is direct mount to the engine (correct me if I'm wrong) so the short answer is no. Anyway the torque converter does not come out as a unit like an automotive one does. It has to be taken out in pieces. First one half of the pump ( 1/2 of cover) then the turbine and sprag, over running clutch, then the other half of the cover (pump).

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
I jut like ones again, and it has a driveshaft between engine and transmission. I think I see the torque converter cover , looks like it can be done to me, yes, upon reading everything I can see on this ithas to come out in pieces, but everyone seems to remove transmission from machine

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
Excuse my poor spelling above. Upon further searching, it is a pretty big job and it likely has the come out of the machine. Hopefully I can get it out through the bottom. I believe it weighs in at around 375 lbs.