• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Truck loses battle with bridge

Andre Grondin

Hi !

They have many gizmos for safety & driving and they can't get a detector for not lowering the body on a truck !
maybe a light that flashes in the cab when the body is not lowered .

did he forgot or the body when up by accident ?

my 02 cents

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Hi !

They have many gizmos for safety & driving and they can't get a detector for not lowering the body on a truck !
maybe a light that flashes in the cab when the body is not lowered .

did he forgot or the body when up by accident ?

my 02 cents
they are required to have a buzzer and light to warn the driver that rails/hoist is up...

barklee

That is crazy! We have a rolloff almost identical to this one pictured. Our roll off beeps and has a gigantic light in the dash to tell you when the hoist is off the frame........ Must have got tired of the buzzing and cut the wire!!!

rare ss

I got this one via email afew weeks ago...

We'll have to go to the judge's score card to see who was the winner in this one!!

Deere6.jpg

Deere5.jpg

Deere3.jpg

Deere2.jpg

barklee

Im gonna go with the Deere into the train trestle! That guy must have been haulin mach 1 to do that kind of damage. I'll still take that Kenworth off their hands though......

Reel hip

Occupation
owner operator bobcat"s and dump truck"s
I all ways told my kids when they were growing up. "Never under estimate the stupidity of drivers" This used to apply mostly cars but I guess it now has to be expanded.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You gotta admire the stimulus packages those crazy truck drivers keep coming up with. Who could have known that they were going to try to keep all those construction people working:)

Mike Van

On my way to DMV in Danbury Ct. two days ago, spotted a Ryder truck that used to have an enclosed box on it. It had just been pulled out of a little underpass. I hope the driver checked the box that said "do you want the optional insurance"?

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
You just can't fix STUPID! Just yesterday I'm getting loaded at Home Depot with a ton of wood pellets on my 10 ton lowboy.So later the forklift operator comes out for a smoke and sees me putting my 2 ratchet straps over the pellets.So he says ''well that's a good idea.'' So I ask him why he said that and he tells me last week a wannabe truck driver rented HD's truck for transporting his ton of pellets just relying on the plastic shrink wrap to contain it in the bed.He left and within an hour a NYS Trooper shows up to tell HD that 15 bags of pellets flew off onto I 84 and HD needs to inspect for proper securing of loads in the future.Apparently nobody got hurt.