• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trunion repair?

.RC.

ITR is owned by the USCO Group, which is based in Modena, Italy - but they have manufacturing facilities and joint ventures for component supply in a number of European countries, China, Korea, Brazil and possibly other places I haven't even found yet.

USCO Group has dozens of global subsidiaries, they are huge. This is just their Brazilian manufacturing business.

USCO Group history -

They are buying Tilly's on the 1st February according to an email I just got from them.

Old Growth

I've noticed that AMT Equipment have very good pricing overall for aftermarket parts. They mention they sell CTP parts, which I believe is Costex.
You need your blade serial number and the Cat 4A blade parts book relevant to your blade, to find the part number for the trunnion ball and caps.

AMT list a range of trunnions, but as I don't have the D4D trunnion part number, I can't tell if they can supply trunnions for a D4D.

the numbers i found on the center of my blade assembly are 2J1070X

.RC.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
I believe the serial number tag is #3 in Niges diagram? #2 is the drive pins that hold the tag on.

I'm hazarding an educated guess that the parts book below is the one that applies to your D4D angle blade.

4A is the angle blade for the D4, 4S is the straight blade. The parts book contains parts information for both types of blade. The serial number plate location is usually a diagram at the rear of the book.

Last edited:

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
The "X" after the part number is superfluous on Cat parts, it's only a Cat internal code identifying the factory where the parts were made.
Both 2J1070 and 4H6984 are not identifying the blade serial number in my Cat NPR, the numbers only make up a larger assembly in both instances.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I believe the serial number tag is #3 in Niges diagram? #2 is the drive pins that hold the tag on.
That is correct. Even if the plate has long gone the Part Number of the blade should also be stamped in that location.

The most common blade Part Number that a search for 2J1070 and 4H6984 throws up is 2J-1136. This is a 4A associated with the following blade S/N prefixes: - 33R, 52E, 65F, 95G, & 96E.

Old Growth

Is it that tough to find the trunnion balls? Did the use a different design of ball for every blade made for a d4d size cat? That doesn't seem to efficient to me.

Ill have to look for more numbers when Im at the machine next.

.RC.

9J-2759 says compatible with 140 143, 4A and 4S.

143 is the hydraulic system on the D4D, 4A and 4S is the blade type.

Compatible Models for part number 9J-2759​

TRACK-TYPE TRACTOR​

5S D5H D3B D3C D6N LGP D5H XL 5P D5 D4H III D6M D6N 5A D4H 55 4S 5 D4E D4E SR 4 143 140 4A D4H XL D3C II​

TRACK-TYPE SKIDDER​

D5HTSK II​