• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trying something I've heard about on here

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
It's not the sanctioned brand but I've never found Stockholm brand.

Attachments

• 16705180584654317357903461977381.jpg
    16705180584654317357903461977381.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 157

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
Do a search with the quotes "pine tar" here.

Come on guys..... Tar and Feathers was the original Never Seize for skin. In the short time where steel and sail coexisted coating all the rigging stays and other corrosion parts in tar was standard practice (or so they said at http://www.friendsoffallsofclyde.org/ when I was there.) If it works for undercarriage bolts as claimed in the old posts I'm going to try it as an antiseize alternative.

There's a history of this forum being years ahead with product recommendations. Fluid Film had the full approval long before it was available in our area. The "suck bucket" has now inspired a lot of cyclone shop vac precleaners.

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
Bag Balm is for cracked hands.....er' veterinary use I meant to say. Don't put it on your feet it will stain everything yellowish.

If you really wanted something for what ails you, Blu-Coat. I don't know if you can even get the stuff anymore but everyone I know has saved a last can. Again though EVERYTHING it encounters will be purple or blue. I've seen nasty festering wounds that would be better off with some maggots clean up fast. You won't be suitable for slaughter for a while is the only downside.

My uncle picked up some sort of Asian foot rot no doctor could get under control while in Korea. Gave him some spray grade Copper sulfate and it cleaned up a bunch of the fungus side of whatever was going on but his feet would still get red and crack and peal. Blu-Coat ruined a bunch of socks and a set of sheets but he ended up with "like new" feet. Unfortunately he got leukemia from burn pits in Afghanistan. Had a few infections he cleaned up while on chemo with his secret weapon much to the alarm of his doctors.

skyking1

you can lube a gasket or butter your toast with this shizzle.
39AP05_AS01

ThreeCW

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Had a little brown glass jug of New Skin in my box for 20 years (still there) that crap is awesome, burns like hell when you apply, but seals and lasts. Another thing I learned working truck fleets in the salt belt is when your dry cracked finger tips start to peel is keep hunks of emery paper everywhere and instead of chewing those scratchy hunks off, just sand them off instead making a smooth surface and not a crater that won't heal until spring, your honey will appreciate that trick as well;)

Last edited: