• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trying to get a l10 Pete 377 running.

cfherrman

Thing has sat for a few years but was running, not good, before being shut down. I have not seen it run. I've cut the frame behind the cab. Cab and wiring is not great.

1991 Pete 377 with Cummins lta 10 330 HP celect I believe.

I have a fuel primer, hooked into the fuel filter suction on it and have circulated fuel around. The suction fuel goes through the computer and I have unhooked that to make it easier to prime. This primer will run my N14.

From the fuel primer I have confirmed that the fuel shutoff is working.

Have 12v to both of the fuses for the computer. I have a jumper wire to the back of the ignition to turn the cab and computer on.

Sounds over nice and will fire on ether.

There is no code read port I can find, there is a white twisted pair by the fuse box that's kind of weird.

Anyone know if this is the code read port? Any tips?

Attachments

• IMG_20240415_124944.jpg
    IMG_20240415_124944.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 5

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
You should be able to hold down cruise on and set for 3 seconds to trigger flash codes if you have the instrument panel. Can't speak to the twisted pair. No round Deutsch connector under the dash?

cfherrman

No I can't find anything of the sort.

I ohmed out the engine position sensor and it's fine that way, but looks bad, I might swap mine from my N14 and see if it starts.

I'll try to get some codes through the cruise switch, some lights on the dash work. Do you have a link for that? Thanks!

mekanik

That 2 wire harness could be the data link. Early Celect engines used Cummins's ECAP suitcase to communicate with the engine. It had a 2 wire metripack data connector and a power plug that fit a cigarette lighter.