• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Unload an MT85 from a semi trailer using a 317G with a 96 x 48 heavy duty wood pallet

TorontoGuy

317G tipping load is 6000lbs which is double the weight of a MT85

I would assume it would be safe to lift the MT85 off the trailer on a heavy duty pallet with a 317G..

I would not turn in any direction what so ever when the arms are up. I will reverse straight back until its clear and lower the arms..

What yall think?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The rated ROC on the 317G is 2100 pounds, per Deere's website doesn't say if that is 35% or at 50% of tipping, at least what I read. The BC weighs about 3100 pounds. If your careful it likely will lift it. The lift will likely be closer to 3300 pounds with bucket and pallet. How the load is positioned on the forks will matter, too much weight at the end of the forks, may cause it to tip.