• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Used finish dozer + gps

jaclo

We recently have found ourselves in the market for a used d6k. We're thinking something ~4-5k hours. Trying to stay under $80k if we can. Ideally we are looking for something that is trimble ready.

We bought our grader with the GCS900 installed by the dealer and it has worked flawlessly so far. My question pertains mainly to what kind of luck others have had as far as buying a piece of used equipment that is "trimble ready" and going and finding a used GCS900 system to tag onto it. I havn't talked to my SiteTech guy about this much as I'm sure all he's going to want to do is sell me a new one, which I'm not overly keen on. Not to mention getting them to answer the damn phone takes an act of congress it seems like.

That being said, we've never owned one of these little 6 way dozers. I am mentally prepared to overhaul the UC on it since I know how guys run them, not to mention everything up front on the dozer itself.

How are these little 6k's running? Any input from the operator standpoint to the mechanic I would be interested in hearing.

Thanks