• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Here's a picture of a couple trucks being worked on in shop . One looks like an Ex CZ P16 Pacific preloader , but the cab is painted BCFP colours .scan644.jpgscan645.jpgscan646.jpgscan647.jpgscan648.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Well that P-16 has my brain spinning .I have seen that rad/grille guard before.Its a big window cab so that part of it is my era at Pacific.Frame is set up for dual steering rams and the heat exchanger location tells me it was probably V12 powered.Memory tells me the KTA's had it mounted down low...Also there appears to be a large crossmember in front of the Allison.May have been the front mount for the skid plate we sometimes used on them (not often).There also appears to be a small battery box on the left side.The norm would be the right side (much larger box) unless the truck had a air starter.. ....Very interesting

camptramp

Occupation
Well that P-16 has my brain spinning .I have seen that rad/grille guard before.Its a big window cab so that part of it is my era at Pacific.Frame is set up for dual steering rams and the heat exchanger location tells me it was probably V12 powered.Memory tells me the KTA's had it mounted down low...Also there appears to be a large crossmember in front of the Allison.May have been the front mount for the skid plate we sometimes used on them (not often).There also appears to be a small battery box on the left side.The norm would be the right side (much larger box) unless the truck had a air starter.. ....Very interesting

The Pacific in picture is painted in BCFP colours , front bumper looks like it was a CZ truck . the green on cab wider than any BCFP trucks I have pictures of 1st & 2nd pictures factory BCFP paint jobs , 3rd picture is a Nekite River Div. Camp paint job , 4th picture is a Renfrew Div. Camp paint job , 5th picture is a Caycuse Div. Camp paint job . Now go back to Truck in shop , the green on cab is wider , I've never seen a Truck painted at Elk River . They used a different style of preloader than the other BCFP Camps I wonder if this truck could have ended up at Elk River and has been repainted there Scan669.jpgscan670.jpgScan671.jpgScan672.jpgScan673.jpg?

HDX

Post 2457 first two pictures P16 H143 Was originally a Preload truck owned by canal transport in alberni Was sold to HFS when they took over everything in the Alberni Valley. They bought one of the M&B P16's that had been in an accident and had front frame damage(H67) Was cut in half and welded to the back end of H143 to make it a conventional. If you zoom in on the right hand side of the picture above you will see the tailhold bracket still on there for the hydraulic side ram. Look right under the water tank by the steps. Post 2461 P16 was a Crown Z truck went to NitNat Division new, Bill Brown I think might have got her new. Under the frame right under the water tank is the brackets for the Cotta Trans that was in her when new, Blk prince can fill in the details. Al thanks for going up there and sharing the pictures. The real impact will be when they are all there together. H119 and the big Smith lowbed were lowbedded out of Cameron Shop Yard yesterday. So far they will be used down in the chemainus/Shawnigan are of operation till time comes to turn them over to Coulson. Now only H14 left in the yard with her low bed. .don't see some of the other trucks there yet so there is still about 5 more to come These will be more residue trucks BUT they did haul with us when times were better. I will post pictures of them back when they were hauling in Sarita.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Well that would be why Its got me thinking..The brackets I see are for the Cotta and not a skid plate.I am guessing that is one of the two remaining trucks that were 12V92 powered..

Hoeguy

Occupation
You guessed it
I was working there around that time, Had a 200 hitachi and Blue Pacific lowbed. I was doing odd jobs around camp and road repairs.

HDX

PenHil: Here's the pictures of China Creek Dryland Sort. Tried to find some of the Madill log loader. Will keep looking.
IMG_0448.JPGIMG_0451.JPGIMG_0450.JPG

camptramp

Occupation
Pat MacMillen , Timberwest HBO , A mishap involving a Hayes Forest Service highway truck on Gordon River M/L about 28 or 29 KM .Empty truck rolled over .scan503.jpgscan504.jpgscan505.jpg