• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vermeer HG365 - Horizontal Grinder - Hydraulic Issues?

kelsey bosman

Just purchased a Vermeer HG365 for small lot clearing and I am new to the business in general. Encountering an issue when grinding a large load the infeed wheel will stop turning and then shortly after the belly and loadout conveyor will stop. The motor doesn't pull down significantly but you can hear it working hard and the turbo spinning up. If I backup the infeed the loadout system resumes shortly. This would appear to be a hydraulic issue of not enough power to go around however since the infeed and outload are on separate pumps they shouldn't interfere. The only commonality is the out-flow side of the hydraulic tank and strainer. I am going to pull and check & clean the strainer but since i haven't gotten a low pressure light I don't foresee this as the issue. Any thoughts from people wiser than I?