• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo A40E Hitch

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
upload_2017-8-24_19-52-2.png Hi All hoping some one can help with frame hitch specifications for a Volvo A40E ATD
while rebuilding the hitch on this machine I have fitted the two sleeve bearings to the frame link part numbers 150 22441(closet to front of machine and ) and part number 150 32646
Also I have fitted the two large bronze type bearings to the rear frame part number 15117704 (front) and 15117996 (rear)
my problem is that I can not slide the frame link into the rear frame ,there appears to be a problem with the bearing and bush dimension's
I want to measure the OD of the sleeve bearings and the ID if the large bushes to see which is at fault ,how ever I can not find these dimensions in pro sis if they exist
if a member has access to this information it would be much appreciated
Mark

Ben Witter

Maximum radial movement is 1mm so It will be a snug fit when new. I would check the bushings and wear rings in various spots and compare then calculate your clearances or interference.
My question is how did you install your wear rings and bushings? Did you clean the areas well and were they difficult to install?

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
hi Ben thanks for your input
I have replaced these bearings and sleeves on the A30's,A35's and A40's quite a number of times over the years and this is the first time I have had an issue.
in hindsight I should of dry fitted the parts on the ground before fitment ( lesson learned )
after the fact it was found that the front bearing sleeve and the bush had a difference of .030 thou in size .the rear bearing sleeve and bush was ok
my original question was for the dimension's of these parts to determine which was at fault
I still don't know that answer. However to get the job back on track I had the front bush bored out to suit the OD of the bearing sleeve and the machine is now back at work
to answer your question re bearing fitment
a bearing induction heater with heat sensitive crayons was used to gain fitment temperature .the sleeves slid straight on with no issues
the brass bushes where pulled into place with minimum effort and Loctite was applied as described in the manual
mark