• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo D8H EGR delete? (EC250Dl)

BCG

I've got an EC250Dl that came to me with the emissions deleted but the EGR still in place. The EGR had developed a coolant leak and it looks like one of the bolt head broke off and it's just not getting enough compression on the gasket to seal properly. It's going to have to come out to extract the bolt but honestly, rather than repairing an EGR that's coded out anyway, I'd rather just put a block off plate on and not have to worry about the dang thing. Problem is, I can't seem to find a block off plate for this motor, just the D11 or D16. Does anybody know where I can source one for it?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Brother, you're not gonna get any love here talking about deleting or bypassing emissions controls. That's a serious fine that could very well cost you your business. Instead of defeating another subsystem, why not tell your customer the facts. "Sorry mister customer, you'll have to fix all this BEFORE I can even start on the EGR cooler issue." The law is on your side.