• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC150

StevieV

Wondering if anyone has experience with Volvo ec150 excavators. I’m curious is a new purchase are they difficult to work on how to get runny? Are they reliable are stable any big issues or problems that I should be concerned with before I make the purchase thank you for anybody in advance.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Voolvo are like most in the market assembling a machine from well known components, no more difficult than other makes. If you need more help give a few details of the machine.
Kind regards
Uffex

StevieV

also looking at an ec360 stickin stick out control valve needs fixing any idea the cost of this? They are saying needs to be honed?

Lagwagon

I’m guessing it’s got a Cummins so is an early model produced around 2000 not long after Volvo bought out Samsung. Good news, it won’t have a screen to constantly sqwark at you with codes, bad news it won’t have the comforts of a newer Volvo nor the cab quality.If the price is right and you’ve done your due diligence then buy it. It’s a great size machine.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
As I understand your post the main control valve has internal damage, honing is not a solution, only replacement. If metal has been let loose i the system may have more expensive damage.
Kind regards
Uffex

StevieV

Wondering if anyone has experience with Volvo ec150 excavators. I’m curious is a new purchase are they difficult to work on how to get runny? Are they reliable are stable any big issues or problems that I should be concerned with before I make the purchase thank you for anybody in advance.
ec150LC volvo 2003 10,000hours. Looks clean heavy machine. Dealer once told me around 15k hours is when machine will basically require an engine etc…Thoughts

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I suggest ypu make a real good inspection befor you commit.
Kind regards
Uffex

StevieV

2004 Volvo ec150 in great shape, really tight machine well maintained. Just over 10000hrs. Cummins 4cylinder motor. Plumbed for thumb and hammer. Thoughts on what price I should be around barring it is in good condition

StevieV

Also, anyone know where I can get a thumb for ec150 Volvo. Used or other suitable substitutes

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Steve
Do you have a photo of the machine I suspect this is what is known as EC140 in the EEC with some extra ballast, see attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• EC150-211-435-1112-0009.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 10

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The file is a PDF most platforms will open, maybe you need a PDF reader app. Installing. The Manual you request is as I posted a EC140 with some ballast, better look for one of those operators or shop.
Kind regards
Uffex
1708951894548.png1708952038829.png

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Stevie
I have parts of information but not a complete manual, if you can be specific I will try to help out. I guess the operator's manual is a good starting point that I do not have, I know there is little difference between the 140-50 and the 450-60. If you can find any of those, you have a good grounding to the operation. Making a good inspection, getting answers to any questions you have will increase the actual machine knowledge and be very beneficial to a new owner. This forum has guys with great Volvo knowledge one regular contributor "FunWithFuel" may be worth tagging his posts.
Kind regards
Uffex

StevieV

Thank you! My partner is wondering if there is a way to flip the controls to John Deer control

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Yes for sure if the machine does not have a pattern changing valve and you need to change is not so difficult. See attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• H2 change operating pattern-1.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 14

StevieV

Where would that be? There is something behind the panel just outside the door where it locks in is a valve is that part of it? It did not seem to work.