• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC25 Hyd pump loading up when warm please help!

Huskey man

This is my first post so ever so here we go! I am trying to fix a Volvo ec25 with a strange hydraulic issue. When the hoe is cold everything works great as soon as it starts to warm up the engine labors when operating any function! when this happens the pump sort of binds up and bogs the engine down until you reach over and slap either joystick quickly. When it gets real hot the drive motors cause this to happen real bad to the point where any movement causes the pump to bear down on its self. Running aw46 oil just serviced with zero contaminants found in the tank or filter. Removed the main relief valve and found nothing wrong. The pump sounds great and has tons of power i do not think the pistons are in trouble! Also checked to make sure the Aux pedal is not stuck. 2,200 hours on the clock i have the repair manual and Volvo says there is a bulletin for sticking spool valves. Any help would be more than Appreciated!

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
If a valve was to stick it would attempt to move a function, have you checked out the motor?
Kind regards
Uffex

Huskey man

The engine is fine its definitely an issue with the hydraulics maybe a problem with the ls regulator feedback loop or the bearings on the swash plate in the pump that control the plate angle?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
You can check for a false LS signal by "T" into the LS line with a gauge, if you get a false signal when warm the issue is at the main valve block area - normal LS signal could be pump but it would be a strange issue.
Kind regards
Uffex