• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo ECR58D throttle issue !

MTNXTREME800

2014 Volvo ECR58D, machine runs beautiful, idles nice, but when you turn the throttle dial, nothing happens, I bought it from a bank, so no one knows much about it, no manual, and machine is new to me, is this something stupid, like I'm not hitting a safety switch, or throttle switch of some sort, armrest is down, seat belt on, all other boom, dipper, track functions works fine ?!?!? Common issue ?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I believe your machine has a ECU bypass beneath a cover on the right side check that i has not been switched over.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day MTN
Let me look deeper into the machine and come back with better information.
If you have an Operators manual and post it, this may heklp.
Kind regards
Uffex

MTNXTREME800

I have a manual, but its paper. I also read about an auto idle on Volvos, there was a way to override that but didn't help, disconnected battery, and also messed around with wires going to ECM, no luck. Weird thing is I also bought a Volvo skid steer, doing the same exact thing, I've never run into this on any other machine before !?

02SILVER

I have a 14' ECR58D, you will need a new throttle pointiometer switch, ( the throttle spinny thing). I think it was about $500 at the dealer. We tried everything we could as well before buying the switch, nothing would make it idle up

MTNXTREME800

I have a 14' ECR58D, you will need a new throttle pointiometer switch, ( the throttle spinny thing). I think it was about $500 at the dealer. We tried everything we could as well before buying the switch, nothing would make it idle up
No way ?!? Ugh ! The only other thinC55832C7-A6B2-4F27-8950-6F93422F7C6A.jpegg I notice was this on the screen figure a last ditch effort does it mean anything ?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I am in the process of assembling troubleshooting info, I suggest starting at one end or the other -potentiometer or activating device, at this moment I have appealed for schematics once I have these I can offer better advice.
Kind regards
Uffex

02SILVER

Uffex always offers great advise, it would be worth waiting until he gets the correct trouble shooting info before continuing the process. The symbol just means that there is zero hours remaining until service maintenance. It is reset by user so it may be ready for oils changed or somebody forgot to reset it at the last interval

MTNXTREME800

Good day
I am in the process of assembling troubleshooting info, I suggest starting at one end or the other -potentiometer or activating device, at this moment I have appealed for schematics once I have these I can offer better advice.
Kind regards
Uffex
Wondering what that message is on my screen also !

MTNXTREME800

Good day
Kind regards
Uffex
S/N: VCE00C58P00210114

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Hi mtnx uffex had asked me for a little assistance with some schematics, I didn't see your serial number post until this evening, and I'm not back in the office until Tuesday sorry as soon as I get in I'll pass them onto Uffex to do his thing

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I have been doing some research some information I am still waiting, please see attached, keep me in the loop.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• EC58-88 Speed controller.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Service mode let me know what you find.
KR
Uffex

Attachments

• EC88 Service mode.pdf
    800.2 KB · Views: 4

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Volvo Tech just confirmed you will get an error displayed in the event of a potentiometer failure, if it is working good the revolutions should change with the switch position, not like the larger Volvo's actual display of the switch position.
Kind regards
Uffex

MTNXTREME800

Good day
Volvo Tech just confirmed you will get an error displayed in the event of a potentiometer failure, if it is working good the revolutions should change with the switch position, not like the larger Volvo's actual display of the switch position.
Kind regards
Uffex
How do I pull up codes, the obay display I have is the zero hours to maintenance. When you turn the dial there is no change from idle and no code showing on display.