• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L150H wheel loader fault codes

Oldboy

Occupation
Farming and machinery sales
Hello we have an L150H loader arrive here and after its first big run it is showing fault codes as per the photos.
SCR system failure etc and one that looks like an old one but still active Reversing Alarm circuit.
Might be a simple short in the wiring system we haven't checked that out yet.
Engine is a D13 "add blue" set up
European specification.
I thought it may have required a burn off but when i activate the button it says "Regeneration not required".
We are miles from a dealer with laptop so I'm asking if anyone could suggest a procedure we might use to sort it out or if we have a major problemIMG_9409.jpg .
2016 year and 9950 hours.
Any suggestions wouldIMG_9407.jpg IMG_9410.jpg IMG_9411.jpg IMG_9407.jpg IMG_9410.jpg IMG_9411.jpg be appreciated.
thanks Michael.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
P218F92 no DEF pressure. This error triggers P208A86. Check DEF level and lines. Check for kinks or leaks. Maybe pull line off pump , using clear plastic hose, feed pump off clean bottle of DEF. See if it draws up the DEF and shut the key off, wait and see if she back flushes. If that checks ok, look at your slip cat. Is it dripping DEF? Maybe the delivery nozzle has crapped out on you. Best I can do from here. Good luck.

Oldboy

Occupation
P218F92 no DEF pressure. This error triggers P208A86. Check DEF level and lines. Check for kinks or leaks. Maybe pull line off pump , using clear plastic hose, feed pump off clean bottle of DEF. See if it draws up the DEF and shut the key off, wait and see if she back flushes. If that checks ok, look at your slip cat. Is it dripping DEF? Maybe the delivery nozzle has crapped out on you. Best I can do from here. Good luck.
Hello fun with fuel.
thanks very much for your reply and suggestions. We will get onto this and see if we can make some progress.
Ill let you know how if works out, cheers Michael.

Oldboy

Occupation
We started to look at pulling the fuel lines off the tank but the whole area was full of dirt.
So we have gone to basics, removed tanks, fuel and DEF and cleaned filter screens and flushed tank out. Just refitted today.
Now to testing the pump. Will have an idea in next couple of days. Thanks for your on going interest, will keep you posted.

Oldboy

Occupation
Finally got back to the loader after sorting out a couple of issues. Fixed the reverse fault code- missing relay. Machine is running very well. Cleaned out the Add blue tank and all the lines and refilled with new fluid.
Tested it and then got some dirty fuel / bug which gave us another code and she shut down. New filters and cleaned the lines and lift pump, added fuel treatment and she's running well again and so back to the original problem.
We took it for a run to make sure the fuel supply issue was sorted and after reaching operating temp hit the regen button ( "no regen needed" signal) but the original code P208A86 went out.
I like a problem that sorts its self out. But then it came back later, and went out, and on and off.
It seems to go out on its own when the loaders is working reasonably hard but comes back on in light duty. We are carrying gravel in the bucket around a rural property. 1 mile run full and then back empty.
Engine temp remains at half way on the gauge but I guess the exhaust temp will reduce on the empty run.
I'm wondering if we need to get a tech to put a laptop on it to clear the code completely or if it will take care of its self with a bit of hard work and a full regeneration cycle? Or something else?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Item 9 in illustration is an air filter and item 12 is a strainer nipple.

Attachments

• 16777197072605621513130289069999.jpg
    16777197072605621513130289069999.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 14