• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L50D quick coupler swap from donor machine

trip

Hello, I have a Volvo L50D loader with a 3rd valve but no quick coupler. I also have a Volvo L50B parts machine that has a bare Q/C, brackets for hoses, the electronic/hyd controller that is bolted to the left side of the machine where it articulates (unsure if its good) and wire/switch to the dash. I do not have the hoses (dried up) and the two way piston w/locking pins that mount inside of the coupler itself. Questions: When I look up the piston it shows C, D, and E models (not B). Can I use a piston and pins from a B, C,D and E from a 50-120 or only a B. Dose the L50D have a place in the wire harness to plug and play a coupler ( Had a Deere 644H 20 years ago that had the plug in the harness for the coupler/ made it easy). Any advise on what else I would need and has anyone heard of a aftermark kits (besides the coupler itself. I plan on visiting a salvage yard this week to see if they have some of these parts, just don't want to buy stuff that look close buy doesn't fit. Thank you in advance.