• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L70 Adding A 4th Hydraulic Line

kmbrad

Hi All

Looking at getting an Allu screening bucket for my L70.

It's got a 3rd line already to quick hitch the bucket. I will need a 4th line to run the attachment.

http://s6.postimg.org/76qf1r869/IMG_0922.jpg

Looking in my book, this is the circuit I currently have:

http://s6.postimg.org/udarh6f4x/IMG_0918.jpg

This is the circuit for the 4th line.

http://s6.postimg.org/vr2echee9/IMG_0920.jpg

My question is, can I just split the 3rd line circuit? So in theory it would have a T piece at the end of each the existing pipes, then the four pipes would have a tap to divert the fluid? As the 3rd line lever in the cab is just used to connect or disconnect the bucket, you could close the taps once connected then use the same lever to divert the fluid to run the attachment?

Any thoughts would be greatly received.

Cheers

Karl

Last edited:

DennisZ

Our previous machines (cat 920 and cat IT24F) had it that way. The 920 had a electric valve in the lines. You flick the switch, oil goes to quick hitch, the other way to the implement. The IT had a manual valve we had to close every time.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
I have manual valves on a cat 406 loader. one way runs quick hitch, other runs the grapple. I have also run on continuous flow for other attachments. works good.

Deere tech

Occupation
field mechanic
In theory you should be able to connect the Allu bucket, lock the bucket quick disconnect so the bucket is locked in the coupler, then disconnect your quick disconnect hoses going to the coupler and leave them disconnected and tied up out of the way. The coupler cylinder should stay in the locked position, then hook up the Allu hoses to the quick disconnects on the boom.

kmbrad

Thank you for your replies...

Deere Tech, I did wonder if that would work. Connect attachment then lock it in, disconnect the pipes to locking pins then connect the hoses on allu bucket. Wasn't sure if when disconnected the bucket would stay locked, and also, if the pipes would leak once disconnected. Don't want to have to keep topping up hydraulic oil all time.

Deere tech

Occupation
field mechanic
The picture of the couplers looked like they were the regular Volvo style couplers and they are designed to seal closed when they are disconnected and shouldn't leak unless there is something wrong with them. And the bucket should stay locked as long as the cylinder, hoses and couplers are in good condition and not leaking oil.