• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo Skid Steer Drain Plug Location

John Deer

I have a Volvo MC 115 Skid Steer and can't locate the oil drain plug. I have opened up the inspection plate on the left side wheel well. I have found a plugged rubber drain tube for coolant draining. I have the required tube and fitting needed to open the drain valve. I have cleaned out the area, looked all around in there and can't find the port to screw the hose and fitting on to. The Service manuals are worthless. Can anyone help? I really appreciate it!

John Deer

Thanks, I saw the two previous posts you referenced before I started this thread. I have the inspection plate off. I don’t see anything that looks remotely like a port to attach the drain hose to. More detail will be very helpful. Thanks again!

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
It's ridiculously placed. You can't see it. You have to feel for it . It's in the oil pan. It has a knurled cap in place of the drain plug. Please post a pic of your drain hose. Very often, they sent the oil drain for big machines .

John Deer

Thanks! I found it. I power washed the area inside the inspection plate and was able to see the knurled cap You described. I agree it is ridiculously placed. I had to stick my arm into the very tight area almost to my elbow to gain access to it. In addition, I was unable to access the oil filter without unbolting the oil dipstick bracket from the block. This is an easy thing to do that would have been very helpful for the service manual to describe. I’ve never seen a more poorly written service manual. I believe I paid around $250 for it. Thanks again for your help!