• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wa 450-1 transmission seal replacement

JakeHarrington

i have a Wa 450-1 with a transmission leak. The leak is coming from the main seal where the drive shaft that connects the engine bell housing and the tranny. on the tranny side is where the leak is.

lets just say its very tight to get in there.
first question. this is a very old machine with a ton of hours which i want to just keep as a spare. I'm curious if adding some type of stop leak is an option. I'm aware of the issues with the converter being in the oil, but has anyone tried stop leak on a similar tranny.

if i must replace the seal, does any one have any tips? because there is a ton of stuff in my way. and I'm sure there is a trick to ease this job. any help will be appreciated as well as any type of schematic

thank you in advance,
jake