• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wabco scrapers at work

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
I think all Wabco/LeTourneau Scraper owners in Australia/New Zealand or the Rest of the World should meet once a year for a get together at a given site somewhere in the world to chew the fat about our favorite topic Wabco Scrapers.

The get together my help keep the Wabco/LeTourneau Knowledge alive, and aswell it would help keep the spareparts become a bigger global data base

This is only an idea to see what everyone thinks, I personly would love to be able to talk about this Face to Face

Please comment on this idea YES or NO

Cheers in Wabco Leroy

I for one vote a resounding "YES" to this great idea!
Thanks for thinking of it Leroy
Cheers
Gordon

parkeng

Occupation
Engineer
Hi showpony, an incredible achievement.It's dam great to sit back now an reflect on all those problems you had to overcome. Take time to admire it before......

Ps Thanks for the tran's manual plus xtra's. Alan

parkeng

Occupation
Engineer
Aussie Leyroy, I vote yes for the wabco conference,dam great idea. The only reservation I have is if 5 guys together were to talk an hour each about one technical aspect on one machine and then we were to mengall.......it would be a shame to be there for 3 or 4 weeks?

Aussie Leroy

April 18th 2012; We have 6 x Yes's That's Good

Jim Irwin
Haddy
fourdee
Aussie Leroy
Gord229
parkeng

Thanks Guys
Any other Wabco followers !! Looks like it's NZ/AU for a get together Cheers Leroy

mockman

mockman

The 101F certainly looks like it would roll over in a strong breeze..but in fact it is a pretty stable machine with a low centre of gravity..more stable than a 613A which it could noticeably outperform when they were working side by side (admittedly a slightly smaller bowl and about 10 more h.p. if I remember rightly).
Would never say it was a pleasure to operate though.

Don't know how stable they were, but ran my 613a alongside a pair of these for a month or so and they would eat my lunch. Had a brand new 615 that would stay with them with the suspension on, stiff they would eat its lunch too. those things had some real power a 504 v8 cummins and lockup convertor, lighter than a 613 and stationary cutting edge, stripping dirt with weeds would sometimes get stuck in the bowl because of the stationary edge. about all i remember. the 222's would smoke a cat 623 and go thru mud like a 627. Just my opinion, but never thought that cat ever really made much of a scraper, heavy, tough, low powered, slow and costly, but they did last, they were really nothing until the green went out of business, along with wabco. up until then terex and wabco were far better. in the early 70's cat started to figure it out

Reactions: DB2

Jim Irwin

Had a very enjoyable afternoon today with Steve at Gunnedah NSW talking Wabco scrapers.

Plus a visit to his yard to visit one of his 353FT's.

Thanks Steve! Great to meet you and thanks for the cuppa's!

Showpony

Wabco Conference

You had better add at least 4 yeatmans, perhaps we could go to Mumbai and find out how Manish processes his orders??
333Ft has been out and about, she attended a local big boys toys event last week and won peoples chioce, starting a 65000m3 resivior this week, i will post pics and some video on utube asap.

CatGrader

Occupation
Grader Operator
Well well well that can come on my job any time. I think everyone else has already said enough. SHE'S A BEAUTY GOOD ON YAH MATE VERY WELL DONE. :)

Brainzie

Looks good alright, its neat seeing scrapers working on a site together. certainly more interesting then bloody diggers and trucks.

RayC

Occupation
Roading Manager
333FT Cloutmans Sep 72

Gidday Nick/Hoss

Well heres some history for you...possibly the first advert for a 333FT supplied in NZ.....Cloutmans back in Sep 72....and now your machine nearly 40 yrs later...and how good she now looks. You guys have to be proud of how well the your rebuild has gone. If you want me to send you a better quality image pse let me know...Regards Ray

Attachments

• Cloutmans Sep 72.jpg
    Cloutmans Sep 72.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,500

Showpony

Thanks Ray
We're more pleased than proud, we took a pretty big punt on this old lady and so far shes been good to us.
I dont think the oppourtunity to ressurect another 333ft with such low hours, will occour again. We are privilaged and very lucky to know the right guy and be in the right place at the right time.
Was there any editorial that went with this add?
Nick