• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wally drivers

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Knew some Wallys as well same story, run, run ,run where are you? run, run, run where are you? One cat said on several occasions he'd be in the yard backing into the dock and the phone would be ringing, "you're 5 minutes late where are you? At the time they were paying more than most carriers but you were married to the truck. If you like leather assin' it, this could be the job for you. Every company is a Swift/JB now, they kick these kids out of school that can't even drive a truck with a clutch or read a map, heaven forbit their GPS goes down, bedlam ensues.

crane operator

12 weeks is quite a long time. There are four truck driving schools near me, one can turn out a class B in less than a week if they have prior truck driving experience.

5 week courses are the typical, for absolute new driver to Class A on the road with a 53' van in all the local schools.

Truck Shop

The CDL training issue is so common-pretty soon everyone will have one-society just wants
to drive truck-it's a me too thing these days. Mandatory training should start at age 9 that
way when age 10 the children can drive the wonderful {term} {prime mover}.

joe--h

My kids would have at one point. We had cable TV that had the same movies on for weeks at a time.

They knew the words to Convoy, I had enough of it stuck in my head too. mid 70s?

Joe H

Jimothy

Occupation
Digger
I may know more about Walmart then I like to admit. From the place where I was at, the company that was running the actual “Walmart” trucks were all good drivers every single one… not always motivated but all good drivers.

If it didn’t come from that warehouse for the love of god stand back. I have seen a pallet of water stacked on top of dog food apparently the driver decided to take a short cut over a couple of sidewalks and bam when I open the doors five or six pallets were destroyed but that dog food one I will never forget, the water was originally on top but the dog food was lighter than the water so it should have been on the top anyways thats not the drivers fault. But that dog food/ water pallet did a full rotation without a single damaged product the water bottles were now upside down and the dog food made it on top it was deemed an act of god but the 20$ of shrink wrap on the pallets probably had something to do with it.

Maybe he was actually a good driver those pallets together could barely do a full flip in that trailer because of there height. I’ll try to see if someone has a picture of it. Sadly that’s truck had to be unloaded by hand and resorted took a good 3 hours :(.