• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Weak tilt

Driver2022

It's a komatsu Wa100. Year is 1994 i think. It's very weak in the tilt position. Was pushing up silage and was getting caught trying to flick the silage. Will lift up and down no problem but it's weak on the tilting.

Zero leaks anywhere in the hydraulics. Is this due to a weak hydraulic pump or or something to do with the ram?

Vetech63

It could be several things. Have you noticed any cylinder drift on the bucket cylinder? If your boom lift is good then its not going to be a bad pump.

Driver2022

It could be several things. Have you noticed any cylinder drift on the bucket cylinder? If your boom lift is good then its not going to be a bad pump.
No I havnt really noticed any drift but want looking out for it either if you know what I mean.

Could there be something in trouble internally in the ram

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
No I havnt really noticed any drift but want looking out for it either if you know what I mean.

Could there be something in trouble internally in the ram
Get everything in the implement system up to normal operating temperature. Cylinders should be warm to the touch. Set the lift so that the bucket is a few inches off the ground and the tilt is about half way down its stroke. You may need a set of steps or a ladder.

Measure along the tilt cylinder rod 1" from the wiper seal and using a black marker put a mark on the chrome. Wait 5 minutes and measure again. The difference between the two marks is the cylinder drift. Report your findings.

Driver2022

Get everything in the implement system up to normal operating temperature. Cylinders should be warm to the touch. Set the lift so that the bucket is a few inches off the ground and the tilt is about half way down its stroke. You may need a set of steps or a ladder.

Measure along the tilt cylinder rod 1" from the wiper seal and using a black marker put a mark on the chrome. Wait 5 minutes and measure again. The difference between the two marks is the cylinder drift. Report your findings.
Wait 5 mins without putting load on it is it?

Driver2022

Would it be possible to disconnect the pipes off this ram and put a guage on the pipes to test what pressure coming to the ram? Like you can do to test the back of a tractor

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Wait 5 mins without putting load on it is it?
Yes. Sorry I should have been more clear. Get the front end into the appropriate position as described earlier, move all the implement controls to the HOLD position, put the implement lockout switch (if it has one) to the LOCKED position, shut off the engine, and mark the chrome of the tilt cylinder rod. Leave it for 5 minutes then go back and re-measure.

Tenwheeler

Not so scientific but start if up cold at idle. Hold the tilt one way for two minutes and then the other. May need to repeat. If one cylinder is cold and the other is warm the warm cylinder is bypassing fluid.