• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Weather!!!

xkvator

after the rain this morning, i went to finish rolling in some modified i layed down yesterday on a long driveway...
it went from nice & calm...to wind & sideways rain & thunder...and pea sized hail...to sunshine, blueskies in about a 15 min. period.
Luckily for me, the pole building is new...no doors on yet...i have an open ROPS and would have got quite wet.

Had a river on the driveway...but it was packed and fairly level...

sounds like the winds are kicking up again

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Hey, you know what they say--If you don't like the Western Pennsylvania weather, wait an hour. It'll change...

(Worst we had here was plain old rain.)

tylermckee

we have had nothing but rain here almost all this month. it held off most of last week, but its raining now. i cant wait for summer, its gonna be busy.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Whats rain? It's a flood if we get more than 10" in a year, I miss the rain back home.

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
i believe today was 104 days w/ no rain. we could really use some. it would sure clean up the air... but rain days really suck!:Cowboy :Cowboy

D10N

Occupation
Catskinner extraordinaire
Finally hit here about 6 this morning - I was off the Cat taking my post-coffee "constitutional" when it hit......took me a few minutes of planning to scream at the water trucks before I realized what it was......finally quit about an hour ago.

hillrancher

Occupation
owner
rain

Xkavator: you are lucky. Here in the rocks we haven't had enough moisture since April to get compaction with-out hauling water and a lot of it. In the pit we are hauling out of down about 12 feet dust. Water the load before leaving to keep the dust down. This is our wet season. Most winters we are getting buried in the rural roads.

D10N

Occupation
Catskinner extraordinaire
hillrancher said:
Xkavator: you are lucky. Here in the rocks we haven't had enough moisture since April to get compaction with-out hauling water and a lot of it. In the pit we are hauling out of down about 12 feet dust. Water the load before leaving to keep the dust down. This is our wet season. Most winters we are getting buried in the rural roads.

I hear you - usually winter time means shut down to running one water truck sparingly, and we've been running both 33,000 gallon trucks and the 9,000 gallon most day shifts and one of each at night. Averaging 10 loads of water per shift on the big ones and 25 on the little one.

Thankfully (since I like running with the doors open on nice days) the waste zones have been pretty thin, so when they water the ore banks the waste gets it too and keeps the dust down on my dumps.

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
Digger I love that saying. Why? Because no matter where you live people say it. My sister lives south of San Francisco, Relatives live in Washington State, Florida, Illinois and you hear it there. Of course hear in Southern New England it is very common to hear.