• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Website Hosting

BrianHay

Nothing at all wrong with that, not everyone needs or wants a website.

It can be a great way to easily show potential new customers that heard of you from word of mouth exactly what you do and how you do it. But on the same note in an area like yours when people speak of you they/you can likely point at your work or mention a place you worked at that they pass in their travels.

Sounds like business is good, right on.

brushmaster90

Occupation
independnt tractor operator
Yeh, I mean eventually as I expeand I will get a website when I figure it out. Heck, I cant even figure out my digital camra better yet making a website. LOL

And yes business is good(knock on wood, and thank the lord) lets hope it stays that way.

BrianHay

Lol Right on. Well in the future if you decide you want a website I hope you keep me in mind. I can create a site for you, keep it updated and maintained or help you do it.

Even with no knowledge of how to do it, it is not out of reach or impossible. A large part of why I choose ocPortal as the software to create websites with can be found here.

But in addition to that (I should add this to my FAQ) it is very well documented for beginners. There are well over 100 well written tutorials that are linked throughout your website that help walk you through anything you want to do on your website.

I help to whatever level you want me too. If all you want is to be able to add and edit written content, pictures and videos that is as easy as adding a new topic in the forums here. I do everything else for you.

Milo5000

Satisfied with Go Daddy so far

I used Go Daddy. It was about $65 for the year. I can tell you the help desk staff is awesome. Very courteous and available 24/7 to walk you through site issues. I'm no site builder so it was a struggle.

We've got a family-owned excavating and dump trucking company - J. Ippolito Excavating - in Staten Island, NY. This is our first stab at a website.

Here's what I managed to put together with a Go Daddy five page site: http://www.excavatenyc.com