• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welding tracton cleats to inside of over tire tracks

ridenby

Have OTT/ over tire tracks, getting tire spin/slippage in wet, steep, muddy conditions. Thinking I will weld 3/8 square stock on inside of tracks to catch tire lugs and help keep tracks spinning. Outside might benefit later. I get the tracks tight as a banjo string,I have two sets of tires,regular tractor type and a square long wear blacktop tire. I think cleats on inside will help. What are you alls thoughts?

Aarons81

Your going to destroy your tires doing that. Is the tread worn out on the tires, causing the tracks to get loose? Most tracks are adjustable. Are yours?

ridenby

Tires have deep tread, one set new other used though deep tread. Tracks are mounted as tight as possible. Bent one rim when a flat rock got caught up in track.

Aarons81

Standard treads, tractor style? I've had slipping before on mine but never anything too terrible. How steep are the grades you working on?