• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What are everyones thought on this concept

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
Levelmax sittin level in vegeas

Attachments

• 100_2704.jpg
    100_2704.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,284

adr02

Looks like fun checking the oil on that 330, unless theres a pin/hinge to manually change tilt using the boom, I can't see in the picture. Never seen one like that though.

Neat to see that Volvo in Las Vegas. Didn't think they had trees there (never been), or maybe it was there for an equipment show.

JDOFMEMI

No hinge on that 330 Cat. If you want it level, just park on a hill. Since they are only used on steeeeep jobs, that is not a problem

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Hi adr02, i'l try to get a pic of the ex220 and post it, il also try to get a few guarded machines such as the forest harvesters that are used here in Ireland.

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
Looks like fun checking the oil on that 330, unless theres a pin/hinge to manually change tilt using the boom, I can't see in the picture. Never seen one like that though.

Neat to see that Volvo in Las Vegas. Didn't think they had trees there (never been), or maybe it was there for an equipment show.

it was at the speedway douring con expo. volvo had a demo site their

tryanythingonce

Volvo LevelMax

The Volvo LevelMax is one awesome machine. I am luck enough to have done some harvesting with one. Was extremely impressed. The automatic leveling is just awesome. I want one!! Looks like the official launch of the LevelMax is in Spetember at Helifax according to the Volvo site. If you ever get a chance to drive one of these I recommend you give it a go. You will want one to.:notworthy

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
What we call chucking?

What is "chucking" ?

We call it handballin'

Stock

Last edited by a moderator:

special tool

But with these you lose the sense of balance (DANGER) in the operator's brain that you are about to roll the undercarriage down the hill........right?
Is this not asking for trouble????????????

Probably best left to operator's with 30++ years of experience, that's for sure!

redlaker1

deere makes levelling bunchers, I wonder why they havent tried a levelling hoe to see if it would sell. I think it would, but then again I am not the one in the market for one, and there would be the added cost
lots of companies are making the levelling bunchers, I think they would catch on in the excavator market if there were more available

Attachments

• 909J_large_06_27_g.jpg
    909J_large_06_27_g.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 940
  • lx822c-trk.jpg
    lx822c-trk.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 800x600_759J_5_WP.jpg
    800x600_759J_5_WP.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 888

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Those levelers are awesome...My problem is, I'm just about 100% fearless of slopes, banks, etc. on a hoe, so I'd probably end up like special tool mentioned...standing on the headliner one day looking to get out.

coopers

I'm sure that would increase the cost of a new hoe by a crazy amount. They're already expensive and those are specialty hoes as it is...not sure most contractors/business owners would want to spend even more money on a hoe for that feature.

hvy 1ton

I think the only way that deere would be able to build a leveling excavator would be selling it as Road Builder with the leveling system out of a harvester.
Road Bulider.jpg
That wouldn't be bad thing anyway b/c if somebody needs the leveling they could use everything found in a forestry excavator. Severe-duty highwalker u/c, single grouser pads, forestry cab, and forestry guarding all seem like good ideas to have if the excavator is working in rough enough terrain to justify a leveling machine. Transport wouldn't be any more difficult than say a 350D, except for the transport height being 12'6" with the cab leaned back. So as long as the deck height is under 1'6" it's not overheight.

oriden

Occupation
Equipment operator/ truck driver/ wrench operator/
wow! has this idea failed? i havent seen any before

Nick Abeyta

Highway Equipment

Highway Milling & Paving Equipment use independent tracks - Here's an Ingersoll-Rand MT2000 (Now Volvo) pavement milling machine to show the concept is not new and can be applied to other equipment if necessary. - Highway Milling machines are usually designed with 3 or 4 independent tracks.

Attachments

• MT2000 - Track.jpg
    MT2000 - Track.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 930

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
That volvo concept unit is shown in video on the volvo site. As well as self leveling, the concept track system allows the unit to crab to some degree, and high speed road travel too. Also, the engine is mounted in the counterweight position, and slides in and out depending on counterweight requirements.

Pretty cool ideas at least.