• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What are "normal" hours???

512high

Hi all, Bought a 2011 John Deere 244J(compact wheel loader) off a dealer, was used as a landscape material loader...I will use only for snow removal. My question is I bought it with 2,000 hours, not showing any "codes" etc...I changed engine oil and filter, greased every fitting I could find.. are these "high" hours? normal?

I have NOT had hydraulic fluid changed or filter yet, have not changed "wheel oil", differential etc. Never worked on a machine like this, (had a small Kubota before this) I'm looking for advice from all you pros that use wheel loaders etc., I know mine is a small one, but I thought I would start here.Thanks!

lantraxco

If you don't have any books, demand the operation and maintenance manual at least from the dealer you bought it from, this should have all the service intervals, etc.

In my experience 2,000 hours a year would be "normal" use in construction, etc. Smaller machinery often gets a lot less use than the bigger units.

512high

lantraxo, thanks for the reply..i do have the maintenance manual showing basics, service interval, grease points etc. so, I figured the machine is 3 years old with 2,000 hours so 700 per year? or so with the previous owner,,.. you mentioned your experience...2,000 hours a year would be normal in construction, etc..so I guess my machine falls into normal? again thanks