• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do you think of the Case 445CT???

tacotory

I'm thinking of buying a 2006 Case 445CT and wondering what everyone's thoughts are on them. I have a JD 325 that was my first skid steer, so I learned on hand controls. I now have a T300 too, and it has foot controls. I MUCH prefer the hand controls, but I also much prefer the track machine. I am selling my T300 and was considering a Cat 277 or 287, but found this Case 445ct that I am interested in.

Can everyone give me their thoughts on this machine.

Thank you in advance.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I'm thinking of buying a 2006 Case 445CT and wondering what everyone's thoughts are on them. I have a JD 325 that was my first skid steer, so I learned on hand controls. I now have a T300 too, and it has foot controls. I MUCH prefer the hand controls, but I also much prefer the track machine. I am selling my T300 and was considering a Cat 277 or 287, but found this Case 445ct that I am interested in.

Can everyone give me their thoughts on this machine.

Thank you in advance.

I can tell you a little about this machine as compared to the current 445 Series 3

The older 400 series machines are not as powerful as the Series 3 machines which were released in the Spring of 08. The 445 and the 420 both saw considerable upgrades with the new series. The new 445 both wheeled and tracked saw a return of the 465 loader arms, more hp and much more torque and a turbocharger.

I don't own a 445CT so I cant comment on the day in and out functioning of the machine. There are several on this forum however.

My older (06 and 07) 400 series wheeled machines have been very reliable.

DigDug

I have great luck with ours and we use it for everything yearround. I have had all types of skidsteers for 15 yrs . Toyota , bobcat , Cat . The strongest machine for abuse I have ever had is the Case 445. I wouldnt hesitate buying one.

Bobcat s330

Case makes a good skid steer.. But from what i see and what ive been told there ct machines are so so..

Hammer & Nails

Occupation
Construction
I have recently been looking is a 06 445ct also and was wondering if there is any newer feedback or if the thoughts are all still the same. KSSS, I was wondering if you wouldn't buy a 445ct in specific or if it was the ctl catigory over all?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I personally would prefer a 445 in the Series 3 version. At my alt. the improved performance of the Series 3 machine in this model would be important. I like the heavier loader arms of the Series 3 version as well. My views are based on my application, Digdug has about the same machine your refering to and so he would be a better reference on 445CT. My CASE dealer is bringing in one of the new CASE CTL's (TR340) ordered to my specs. If I take it I will trade in my 440 with VTS. I have come to really depend on that VTS machine and so I am ready to replace it with a dedicated CTL.

pruet

a pain to service you stand on your head to get at the filters if they are the same as a 450