• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What does your backhoe have?

Cavalo

Occupation
Dependant backhoe contractor for provincial natura
I recently changed my fuel filter on my 310SG and it came with a factory bowl under the fuel filter, the new ones dont come with a bowl, but if you take out the plastic drain plug out of the bottom of the filter you can attach the old bowl and reinstall it on the machine.
Is this something I should keep doing?? This last time I just said screw it and put it on as it comes like it was on my old 310SG (without the bowl) Is the bowl that important????

PipeGuy

Fuel Bowl

I used to service a 544G and it had the same fuel bowl. I would switch the bowl over because it allows you to drain any water out of the fuel if you get a slug of water in your fuel system.

iron kid

Occupation
owner 12 man team
mine dosn't have a bowl on 410 g but dose have it on the 410D
have u ever plumded one in the front for a 4 way
have the bucket just have not done the pluming?
any draw backs for the 4 way?

Cavalo

Occupation
Dependant backhoe contractor for provincial natura
I used to service a 544G and it had the same fuel bowl. I would switch the bowl over because it allows you to drain any water out of the fuel if you get a slug of water in your fuel system.

I thought about that but I never have had water in the fuel in any of machines mainly because I run Howes conditioner in every diesel I own. If the bowl is really only to drain the water out and no other reason, that is why I figured I didnt need the bowl on the new filter.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums PipeGuy! :drinkup