• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what is the best all around bobcat model

skidrowe

I am trying to find out which model bobcat would be the most reliable, fuel efficient, and best all around machine. I am considering a 773 or a S185. What are the good and the bad traits of these two machines , I am looking at both machines and they both have under 1100 hours. Any knowledge or experiences with these two is greatly appreciated!

Bobcat s330

I am trying to find out which model bobcat would be the most reliable, fuel efficient, and best all around machine. I am considering a 773 or a S185. What are the good and the bad traits of these two machines , I am looking at both machines and they both have under 1100 hours. Any knowledge or experiences with these two is greatly appreciated!

The 773 is now the s185 basically the same machine... What are you going to be doing with the machine??

mouse

Occupation
(wishfully) avoiding work as much as possible
horses for courses, the ebst machine is the right one for the job you are trying to do but then you go do another job and its definitely the wrong machine.

the 185 is not a bad sized machine, if you had a choice i'd pick the 205 tho just for the extra lift capacity.

skidrowe

I plan on using the machine to do fencing on 80 acres, I need to buy an auger . We use telephone poles cut to 6' every 50ft. with steel fence posts in between. They hold up pretty good, overkill just a bit but I want to only do it once. I like the 185S because it has 61 HP and the 773 has 46HP. We also want to use it to screen out gravel for our road. What do you guys charge an hour for bobcat work in your areas?

Wolf

It's probably made by Deere. Bobcat has gone way down in quality. It's all plastic inside now.

dirthog28

I've got a 773 with turbo which is suppose to put out 56hp, you just have to make sure it's turbo and not a regular one.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I am no BC fan, but of all the models I have run, I thought the 220 came most closely to being a machine that I could own.

mouse

Occupation
I plan on using the machine to do fencing on 80 acres, I need to buy an auger . We use telephone poles cut to 6' every 50ft. with steel fence posts in between. They hold up pretty good, overkill just a bit but I want to only do it once. I like the 185S because it has 61 HP and the 773 has 46HP. We also want to use it to screen out gravel for our road.

if you are just digging holes then a s130 is just as good basically, the auguer doesn't need oodles of power.

as for screening gravel, i'm not sure of the work process but i assume its just a bit of backblading? or are you running it through a screen of some type?

so if you cut the poles to 6' does that mean they only stick out of the ground 3'? imho if you dont put the post in at least 3' you are wasting your time.

oh yeah re charges - never enough :D

Bobcat s330

It's probably made by Deere. Bobcat has gone way down in quality. It's all plastic inside now.

Bobcat has the most user friendly cab i have ever been in.. Go sit in a john deere skid steer its like sitting in an air plane buttons all over the place.. Bobcat has some plastic inside there cabs like the heating vents LOL.. Theres plastic in every skid steer

mouse

Occupation
Theres plastic in every skidsteer

and every bit of earthmoving gear, motorcycle, car, truck etc etc.

it also has the advantage of being light, easy to manufacture and doesn't rust or bend (usually).

how would you like a car with a steel bumper bar to hit your child??

I read some stupid comments here but to complain about plastic is getting up there in the stratosphere of being plain neanderthal.

when i want weight in any machine i far prefer it where it is not a hinderance - ie down low :Banghead

Bobcat190

Best all around bobcat i think is the S250. Own 2 of them and they will do just about everything you want them to and more. And the longer wheel base really helps with not getting stuck as easy as the s185. Its always better to have more machine then you want then less.

S330- How do you like your s330? Just rolled over 300 hours on ours.

Bobcat s330

Best all around bobcat i think is the S250. Own 2 of them and they will do just about everything you want them to and more. And the longer wheel base really helps with not getting stuck as easy as the s185. Its always better to have more machine then you want then less.

S330- How do you like your s330? Just rolled over 300 hours on ours.

We love are s330 over here.. I owned an s250 before i purchased the s330 and your right the s250 can do anything you want them to do...

I got about 450 hours on my s330.. How do you like yours?? What other model bobcats do you own?

Bobcat190

Love the S330. Gold package, which is nice. We got 1x 773 turbo, 1 x s185, 2 x S250, 1 x S330, 1 x T190, and hopefully a T300 soon. What about you?

Digdeep

I think the S220 has the best all round balance regarding hp to weight, lift height, operating capacity, hydraulic flow, width etc.