• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is the common nickname for Caterpillar brand equipment ?

AzIron

Dont accuse me of being old I bet I am in the 10 youngest members actively on here and compared to the age of some posters on this thread being a kid should be a badge of honor compared to grumpy curmudgeon

Zewnten

There are plenty of young guys on here. OP I'll take mercy on you since it's page two, people have given the answer several times. Caterpillar is no longer known as Caterpillar, look at new machine and what it is branded with. I always heard it referred to call as a rattle-pillar.

Attachments

• cat-excavator-prices-1200x628-2.jpg
    cat-excavator-prices-1200x628-2.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 8

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Dont accuse me of being old I bet I am in the 10 youngest members actively on here and compared to the age of some posters on this thread being a kid should be a badge of honor compared to grumpy curmudgeon
Who you calling old, heck I only started working at the quarry in 1968!

Welder Dave

My first construction job was to to run a "Cat" D7 in 1967. I was 25 years old.
It had a manual clutch and a forward and reverse lever.
Before that I ran a Case 350 trackloader cleaning out barges at a river terminal.
How did like the Case 350?

Pep Joe

Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
There are plenty of young guys on here. OP I'll take mercy on you since it's page two, people have given the answer several times. Caterpillar is no longer known as Caterpillar, look at new machine and what it is branded with. I always heard it referred to call as a rattle-pillar.
If your attachment image brand name is the answer, how come it's not being accepted here on my attachment? Take a look at it thanks.

Attachments

• Nickname.PNG
    Nickname.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 31

Zewnten

If your attachment image brand name is the answer, how come it's not being accepted here on my attachment? Take a look at it thanks.
Sucky website design? I had the same issue with other sites. Didn't matter what I did would not accept the answer.