• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what is your preference JD 555G or Cat 939C

Woodstock

I am looking for a track loader. I am going to do a lot of clearing, stock tanks and loading dump trucks. I didn't know which would be better. The Cat has a hystat trans, and the John Deere is power shift with pedal steer. Which would you have more control over, and power. I know John Deere has the 605, but I did't want to spend that much money. They aslo no longer make the John Deere 555G either, but I know you can still get parts for a long time. Any suggustions? Thanks alot. Doyle

biggixxerjim

I think the JD may be a better choice... I never ran a 939, but I have many D5's, and found that that particular trans has two speeds: fast, and too fast. Thats great if u were in the D5 spreading topsoil, but the JD has 4 forwards and reverse gears, much more choices for your application.

Just my .02