• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What taper does Kubota use for tie rod ends?

MG84

I realize this is probably a long shot, but my mother has a Kubota B2920 tractor that the drag link came off at the steering box, possibly damaging the taper on the pitman arm. She got the drag link back on but the castle nut (new, OEM) won't tighten enough to make the taper tight, nor get a cotter pin in the hole, threads appear ok, she put a couple washers under the nut and has it tight enough to carefully use until I can come look at it. Tractor is 100mi away so I'd like to have what I need before heading down there. I'm taking some dies/thread chasers for the rod end, but would also like to take a tapered reamer to fix the taper in the pitman arm, provided its not too badly damaged. Anyone know what taper Kubota uses on these B2920 tractor tie rods/drag links? I do have a B3200 and L2501 sitting here at the farm but I don't really want to take one apart to measure the taper, nor am I sure that it'd be the same on a different model. Thanks in advance.