• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What type of dozer is this?

hayn96762

Hello everyone, new to the siten not sure if or where to post my intro? So I decided to start here. Hope no one minds?

Looking to buy this dozer except I'm not sure what kind it is? Contacted the owner that says it's a D2, tho I could not find a D2 online that looks even remotely like this one coz this one looks like a newer model than the 1930's-1960's I've seen online.

Looking foraward to your responses ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8896.jpg
    IMG_8896.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,577
  • IMG_4230.jpg
    IMG_4230.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,198

mitch504

Nope, that's not a Caterpillar D2, that's for sure. My guess is, it's just what it says, a Magnum Industrial D2. I've never heard of one, but there are a lot of low volume, kit, or other types of wierd stuff. Maybe something made in China and branded for the importer, like a Nortrac?

If I was looking at buying it, my first thought would be, what condition is it in? Then, who are the major components made by?

Bottom line, if it is in great shape, and you think you could find parts when needed, it might be worth $3-4000. If the engine, drives, and hydraulics aren't made by somebody you can get parts from, maybe $1000, so you can get most of your money back from the scrapyard when it breaks.

Good Luck,
Mitch

joispoi

Whatever it is, it doesn't look like it's seen much use- looking at the tracks and sprockets.

I think Mitch said it best. Price out parts for it before you buy it. Don't buy based on what you pay the day you buy it. Over the lifespan of a dozer, the owner spends more on fuel than he spent on the dozer. Don't get yourself into a position where you might spend more on parts than you did on the machine.

catman13

Occupation
refrigeration engineer/excavation contractor
it is a cheap china made dozer you can buy from Northern tool cataloge

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
That machine is not familiar to me. And I also think that it's not a caterpillar. I guess mitch504 is right. That machine is Magnum Industrial D2.

Me1magoo

Steel Track- like that's a special option. What is the other option? A rubber track dozer?

mitch504

Steel Track- like that's a special option. What is the other option? A rubber track dozer?

Most likely, a lot of Komatsu D21/20's leave the factory on rubber tracks, but when they go to replace undercarriage people find steel is $5000 cheaper.