• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What's the biggest skid steer loader?

Cartoondude135

So far, the only suspects I have on my list are the New Holland L334, the LS190B, and the LX985.

The skid steer has to be big enough to quickly load up a single body dump truck while at the same time turn tightly like any skid steer loader in one spot instead of backing up and driving forward like any typical vehicle.

Welder Dave

Maybe the mods can move this to the tractor loader backhoe forum. I think the biggest made was the Bobcat 980 at around 14,000lbs. A 975 is next at around 12,000lbs.

Cartoondude135

Maybe the mods can move this to the tractor loader backhoe forum.
Well, "skid steer" is an earthmover, isn't it? But I couldn't find skid steer under earthmover, so I had to improvise.

A skid steer loader isn't quite like a front loader, and this sub forum is "tractor/loader/backhoe". So that's what made me think this was the correct category forum to ask this question.

Welder Dave

I wasn't trying to be rude. If you scroll down through the forums there is a skid steer forum where you might get more/better responses. There is also a CTL (compact track loader) forum and there are CTL's bigger than skid steers. Also a mini skid steer forum.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Since the title question is specific--"skid steers", I moved it to the Skid Steer forum. Not a big deal...