• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whats the deal with this??

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I was looking on Flickr and came across this , couldnt find anymore pics of it , anyone have any info about a 939C like this?

This picture is not mine , so I cant take any credit for taking it

Attachments

• 939c.jpg
    939c.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 866

bill onthehill

Looks like a 939 outfitted with lgp swamp tracks for harvesting lettuce and loading trucks.
forklift on back to carry and loader to stack it with.:beatsme

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I was also wondering if Cat built that or if some farmer thought it up and put it together

joispoi

I think that it was probably designed by the farmer. It wouldn´t be too difficult to set up a track loader like that. A quick connect on the bucket will let you add just about anything to the front and adapting a set of forks in place of the ripper wouldn´t pose much of a challenge.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The undercarriage is what's interesting. Who makes that?

nzpatch

Wow a high drive track loader, and they said it could'nt be done!
Would it be more tippy or would the xtra track out the back help?

joispoi

The undercarriage is what's interesting. Who makes that?

Good catch. I missed that. Look at the loader arms. That´s not even a production track loader. It looks like a high track D4 with an after market loader attachment (trima or similar maybe?)

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Good catch. I missed that. Look at the loader arms. That´s not even a production track loader. It looks like a high track D4 with an after market loader attachment (trima or similar maybe?)

Exactly why I posted it , I knew it would be simple to add forks on the front and fairly easy to convert the ripper , but the U/C is what has me puzzled

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Its a 939C , you can tell by the ROPS supports for the cab and also by the fuel and hyd. tank that it was never a D4 or a 5

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Its a 939C , you can tell by the ROPS supports for the cab and also by the fuel and hyd. tank that it was never a D4 or a 5

I agree.

939C

80605928.jpg

D4H

79322820.jpg

The machine started as a 939, you can see the differences in the rops and upper structure like D9H said, plus the undercarriage is different. It's some sort of aftermarket add on undercarriage on a 939.:beatsme

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Looks almost like a skidder that's been converted with the drive sprocket where it is. but Cat do have some odd track configs if you want them.