• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wheel loader expert help

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I doesn't look somewhat International but I'm thinking it might be an old Trojan.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
It is a Trojan built by Eaton,Yale and Towne.It is the 4000 model with an 8v53 Detroit in it.Look at the top right hand side of the engine nacelle and you will see the twin exhaust pipes,balogna cut as they exit the muffler.I ran one identical to it for years.Yeh,they sound good:).Ron G

alco

That's definitely a Trojan, no doubt about it in my mind.

John C.

Occupation
Second unit is also a Trojan. Hough invented the Z bar bucket tilting linkage. The linkage in the second photo is Cat style.

Cat 328d lcr

Heres a better pic, sorry for the bad quality but these pictures are taken from a video. The other linkage you see might be of the other loader in the back. this loader has a z-bar

Attachments

• sdf.jpg
    sdf.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,003

John C.

Occupation
Now I see what is going on. The machine behind the first had the linkages up. I see the single cylinder now.

It could be a Hough but I don't have any perspective to judge size. It could be a H90 or H100 or it could be a Trojan. They looked pretty similar.

Did you take the photos from a distance or looking through a fence?

Chris5500

Occupation
Plant Mechanic
Here's a Hough H90C.

Attachments

• H90C.jpg
    H90C.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,975
  • H90.jpg
    H90.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,180

Chris5500

Occupation
Plant Mechanic
It is a Trojan built by Eaton,Yale and Towne.It is the 4000 model with an 8v53 Detroit in it.Look at the top right hand side of the engine nacelle and you will see the twin exhaust pipes,balogna cut as they exit the muffler.I ran one identical to it for years.Yeh,they sound good.Ron G

Trojan 4000, couldn’t find any of the 8000.

Attachments

• 4000.jpg
    4000.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 2,587

Cat 328d lcr

Thank you all for the help guys.

I think the first picture is the Trogan 4000 but in my pic the 2 exhaust ports come out the ride side of the machine and in the picture above they come out of the top. I put my money it's a trogan 4000 though.

With the second picture, the machine was 1 loader away then the Trogan 4000 and it was slighty larger then the 4000. I am pretty sure it is a Hough but I think it is in the 100 series

I took the first pic over a year ago and the 2nd and 3rd last week

OLDCARS

does anyone know the horsepower of cat 3204 3114 3014 3110 model engines. due to california sucking, all this retrofit stuff is driving me nuts.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Thank you all for the help guys.

I think the first picture is the Trogan 4000 but in my pic the 2 exhaust ports come out the ride side of the machine and in the picture above they come out of the top. I put my money it's a trogan 4000 though.

With the second picture, the machine was 1 loader away then the Trogan 4000 and it was slighty larger then the 4000. I am pretty sure it is a Hough but I think it is in the 100 series

I took the first pic over a year ago and the 2nd and 3rd last week

Just a guess but the muffler on the one I ran did not quiet the engine down as much as some would have liked.That may have been a later,quieter model:).It looks like the same engine as near as I can tell.Ron G

deer3245

Occupation
construction
Wheel loader size capacity for 10000 lbs, shipping container

:Banghead:BangheadHello everyone, I can not post a new thread yet so I appologise if I ask this question in the wrong place. I am wondering if anyone knows what is the smallest size wheel loader that can lift 10000 lbs with forks. I need to be able to lift empty 40 foot shipping containers. I do have a forklift, but do not lift them enough to have it just for the containers. A wheel loader would be much more useful to me. ANy suggestions.

Thanks

Bryon