• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wheeled skid steers for winter project

fuggly

Hello all,

I'm feeling like we will have plenty of downtime this winter and am looking for some shop projects. I'm thinking of doing a complete rebuild of a Case 95XT and maybe a 75XT to give the guys work when we can't get out or while, increasingly, we wait for permits to be approved. We currently have a Takeuchi TL 130 that we tore down last winter and redid but it is a little small to try to load a tandem with and sometimes foam filled tires are better than the tracks. We do a fair amount of concrete demo. I like the idea of the Cummins engines in the Case and have heard that except for some frame cracking issues, they are simple and tough. Don't really like the idea of payments, computers, and def/emissions, especially with demo machines. My rough estimate for purchase and rehab is 10-15k/machine.

Anyone have any experience with these? Suggestions/opinions?

Thanks

crane operator

I've been looking for a 95xt. I don't really need it, but its on the "if I could find one for the right money it would be nice to have" list.

Its hard to find one to purchase for 10-15k, let alone buy it and refurbish it for that. I would like one for around the shop and see very little for sale - and most are priced from 15- 20k or more.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have had several of those machines I bought new. Pretty impressive machine, performance wise, even by today's standards. I have never heard of a frame cracking on a 95XT. I have never run the 75XT, that is a much lighter duty machine. I have all the books on a 95XT given when you buy one. Still in the plastic if you come across one.

fuggly

I've been looking for a 95xt. I don't really need it, but its on the "if I could find one for the right money it would be nice to have" list.

Its hard to find one to purchase for 10-15k, let alone buy it and refurbish it for that. I would like one for around the shop and see very little for sale - and most are priced from 15- 20k or more.

fuggly

Crane Operator,

They are both pretty rough. A friend of mine that is a mechanic/broker bought these 2 and an 1845C(?) from a landscaping company. I had the 75 brought back to the shop on the rollback. Exhaust manifold/muffler gone, no seat, some welds on frame, needs tires, hydraulics not working but has bad bracket, kit is included, etc., etc., etc.. I figured our shop rate @$50/hr and no particular problems with engine and pump would go through and make them bulletproof as much as possible wiring harness, hoses, belts, yada yada. for around $16 all in. BUT I was figuring foam filled tires at 2K and quote I got was for $3K. I may need to adjust my numbers for the current state of the economy. Don't know much about the 95 except it's rough and needs an engine. We'll talk a little more and I'll probably give them a shot. I'll keep you posted if you like.

Thanks

fuggly

I have had several of those machines I bought new. Pretty impressive machine, performance wise, even by today's standards. I have never heard of a frame cracking on a 95XT. I have never run the 75XT, that is a much lighter duty machine. I have all the books on a 95XT given when you buy one. Still in the plastic if you come across one.