• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where /how to purchase a spare tire for my JCB 260 Wheeled Loader? SLIME FOR TIRES?

Kater

Occupation
Retired (computer teacher and marketing/advertisin
Have had a flat and realize how I'd like a spare tire and rim.
Local tire guy did not get back to me...Said he could get tire but rim was a different story.

Also, SLIME, do you recommend filling these tires with slime? A friend said he has used that for years with success with his last three Bobcats (he moves mulch, etc.)

A gallon jug with a pump on it....they sent me this note: Slime Super Duty (32 Oz.) 10009 might be the same thing.

Any information or input much appreciated.

Kater

Occupation
I am assuming I can get this from my manual? I looked up a spec on pdf from jcb and it's not there so I emailed the JCB person I bought it from.
Do most people use tire sealant?

Last edited:

durallymax

You can measure the wheel yourself. 8 lugs on an 8" pattern with 6" pilot is very common on SSLs. You'll need to measure the offset as well. Then you should be able to find one somewhere. They aren't that expensive, the last one I got from Cat was maybe $90.

I don't put sealant in any of our SSLs, but elsewhere if I do use one I use TRC Tire Seal.

I would wait to see if you will actually benefit from it though. Sealants will help seal small cuts and punctures but anything large will still need to be repaired and then you will have an unhappy tire guy, larger bill or both.

Kater

Occupation
Thank you. I am getting first warranty work tomorrow by JCB...my horn stopped working after about 20 hours (and it's not the fuse)..and this last snow storm the lights were turning off (headlights), I had to turn them off and on again at least four times....I was told that in some models paint was left on the grounding wires and needed attention. Tomorrow will be interesting. I went the easier route and asked them for a quote on rim and tire...hopefully I got my message across and that is what I am getting. I am over 100 hours, not sure exactly, 100 hours of pure fun. :cool: (Except when I wiped out my 20 foot gate and knocked my gazebo a little off...nothing big yet (problem wise).

I really appreciated the above link to Gempler's Tire rims, as it gave me an idea of what the rims cost...there...before they called me back.

PS I was not over using the horn like at a wedding or anything..sometimes I hit the horn to get my little dog to move.

Last edited:

hetkind

Maybe you need to get good at fixing flat tires...I keep gummy worms, rubber cement and patches both for tubes and inside of tubeless tires.

Howard

Kater

Occupation
Howard, you are correct. My cousin tried to show me, I do not think I changed a tire since driver's ed in high school. And I'm sure I was supervised for that, too. :cool: Age 57 and learning...my Dad wouldn't let his three daughters loose on the dangerous farm.

Kater

Occupation
I will be searching youtube for that, unless you can provide me a link showing your wife, showing me, how to do it! :cool: THANKS

....sometimes I have to be reminded, I search google for every little thing usually.

hetkind

Kater

Occupation
Thanks Howard for your input. 8:notworthy

Results of warranty work:
Possibly the paint on the ground wires of the lights caused it to overheat and blink on and off several times (after about 3 hours of snowblading)...I think Mitch scraped it a bit.

Even though we had checked the fuses (maybe both were bad, but that was not shown)...the fuse (s) were blown. JCB Mitch thought probably the charger in the cab could have blown the fuse. So I guess I'll never try to charge my cell phone or run anything from the lighter/electric plug in the left arm. I had used it once to make sure it was working.I will make better notes next time something happens.

Kater

Occupation
And this looks like a decent tire repair starter kit...

http://www.tooltopia.com/blackjack-kt-340.aspx

and you can get refills on the gummy worms at any FLAP (Friendly Local Auto Parts).

As for "lube", I like rubber cement.

Howard
Thanks so much, I'm checking out comments on amazon. :cool: There are not any, maybe you could comment for people there. :cool:

http://smile.amazon.com/Black-Jack-...+Repair+Kit+with+T-Bone+Handles+&+Screwdriver

I like to donate to local animal shelter so I try to buy from www.amazonsmile.com but YOUR LINK is a better deal, 10 dollars less at this time at 44. Thank you.
I am not sure I understand the rubber cement part...

More information for newbies like me:

Black Jack Tire Repair BJK-KT-340 Tire Repair Kit With T - Bone Handles And Screwdriver
by Black Jack Tire Repair

Features. Tire Repair Kit.. Includes..
T-Bone Handle w spiral probe..
T-Bone Handle w 4 in. open eye needle..
Spare 4 in. open eye needle..
Screwdriver with reversible shaft valve core tool.
. Hex wrench..
Specially formulated lube.
Razor blade and 40 repairs
20 4 in large dia.
20 4 in. Small dia.
in a custom form fitted case
Item Weight - 2.600 lbs.

Last edited:

hetkind

I use Amazon on a regular basis, but won't write a review for a product that I have not tried...as for "lube", it is often handy to use a bit of lubricant on a gummy worm tire repair, goes in a bit easier. Rubber cement is handy and sets up.

Tool Topia is a very good site, been using them for years on mechanics and garage equipment.

Howard

Kater

Occupation
I use Amazon on a regular basis, but won't write a review for a product that I have not tried...as for "lube", it is often handy to use a bit of lubricant on a gummy worm tire repair, goes in a bit easier. Rubber cement is handy and sets up.

Tool Topia is a very good site, been using them for years on mechanics and garage equipment.

Howard
I had written that before I realized that you might not have tried it, I agree with you of course. :cool:

durallymax

The black jack tools are nice, I use them but with Tech Flowseal inserts and Vulcanizing fluid. Get a carbide that's the right size for your repair plug, drill it out before plugging. I still only use them as a quick fix on non-essential tires, the rest get broken down for a proper repair.