• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which electric grease gun to buy?

mxsledder

I have the alemite 14volt gun now, Ive had it for two years now and it is just a pita to get it to prime and pump grease now. I was looking at getting the lumax superluber. Does any one know anything about these guns? Thanks

cat69

Occupation
operator dozers,loaders,excavators,
when you put the new tube in only thread it on the gun about three or four turns (not tight) run till you get grease in it then turn it some more but i nver tighten mine all the way.:drinkup

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Ya, most likely you just have air backed up in there. Like cat 69 said, when you put in a fresh tube , un screw the "pump end" about halfway to get the air out. We usually never even tighten that end, we keep it so that its as loose as it can be without leaking grease or falling off! Try that and let us know how it works!

CheeseHead

I am pondering the 14.4.volt Lincoln grease gun. Model 1444. Anybody have this model?

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
I am pondering the 14.4.volt Lincoln grease gun. Model 1444. Anybody have this model?

I have one and realy like it.
I fill mine whenever in the shop using a bulk greaser, only use tubes when in a pinch in the field. That way there is never any air in the gun.

Dwan

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
grease gun

I've had this model for about 2 years. I use it almost everyday, its a very good gun no problems. I did hear the 18v was a much better gun, but its about $100 more, Ill keep the 14v for now.

cat69

Occupation
operator dozers,loaders,excavators,
ill be honest with you all i have 3 14.4 volt guns one of them i finnaly had to get rebuilt after three years!had one of the first 14.4 volt guns out there, thats the the one i had to get rebuilt AFTER THREE YEARS , i run a cat 1055b asphault paver and on the side grease fittings there are two of them that take 40 pumps a piece ya fourty and that thing has always been for me:notworthy

catchick

Occupation
Dozer operator
We use Lincoln as well....heck of a grease gun but 4 of the first 6 my boss bought were useless after a few days....manufacturers mistake....haven't had a problem with any since.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I found a deal at Toolrage for the 2 battery 14.4 Lincoln today for $205,shipping free--couldn't say no.I'll now sell my old 12 volt.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
WOW---only 2 days from I think Arizona to NY--got my new toy.Toolrage has definitely got a new customer.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!

fell off my tire and broke with a price of more than it cost to fix it. I could not get the parts myself to do it :mad: Worked good till a small 4' fall to dirt.:mad::mad::mad:

Back to pumping it by hand which is good in a pinch:p

RailKing

Occupation
Railroad
The 14 volt lincoln is the only way to go. I had the 12 volt for two years and got the 14 What a difference. Once you get the hang of priming the electric guns, you will never want to pump by hand again...

special tool

I've had this model for about 2 years. I use it almost everyday, its a very good gun no problems. I did hear the 18v was a much better gun, but its about $100 more, Ill keep the 14v for now.

Yep - me too.
I have never had to "prime" the air out once.
Just change the tube and squeeze trigger and it works.

03warrior

Got to get one tired of always pumping. Wait that sounded perverted sorry. Not fun in winter either.

Tinkerer

Here is what I do to a grease gun to get it to prime when using tubes. Drill an 1/8" hole at the center of the threads of the gun head. When you insert a new tube turn the barrel on only a couple of turns. Next release the plunger and the air will blow out of the 1/8" hole . When the grease comes out turn the barrel all the way in until it is tight. That will seal off the hole. I would recommend you try this on a cheap hand operated gun so you can determine that you have the hole drilled in the right place. I also leave the plunger locked on the piston so I can push the piston towards the head to force the air out. Also in freezing weather I used to put my grease gun in the exhaust pipe of the machine I was lubing with engine at about half throttle. After a couple of minutes the gun would work as easily as if it were 90 degrees out.